Parkhill Medical Clinic has a fully equipped treatment room and experienced nursing staff. We manage injuries of all types including lacerations, other wounds, strains and broken bones (fractures) etc.
“ Do I need to go to the Emergency Room for a bone fracture or can my GP take care of it?”
Fractured bones require medical attention. If you think you may have a fracture, see your doctor or go to the emergency department.
Call an ambulance or go to the emergency department immediately if:
- your arm or leg has been injured and is an unusual color or shape
- you have severe pain
- the injured area is bleeding heavily
- bone is visible through the skin
If you are unsure that it is broken:
- Your GP at Parkhill Medical Centre will need to examine the limb (which may or may not include an X-ray) to determine the type of injury and where it is located.
- The nurses and Doctor may bandage/plaster the limb
- It may be suggested to go to an emergency department, depending on the severity of the fracture.