Parkhill Medical Clinic has a fully equipped treatment room and experienced nursing staff. We manage injuries of all types including lacerations, other wounds, strains and broken bones (fractures)  etc.

“ Do I need to go to the Emergency Room for a bone fracture or can my GP take care of it?” 

Fractured bones require medical attention. If you think you may have a fracture, see your doctor or go to the emergency department.

Call an ambulance or go to the emergency department immediately if:

  • your arm or leg has been injured and is an unusual color or shape
  • you have severe pain
  • the injured area is bleeding heavily
  • bone is visible through the skin

If you are unsure that it is broken: 

  • Your GP at Parkhill Medical Centre  will need to examine the limb (which may or may not include an X-ray) to determine the type of injury and where it is located.
  • The nurses and Doctor may bandage/plaster the limb 
  • It may be suggested to go to an emergency department, depending on the severity of the fracture.

A fracture, or possible fracture should not ever be left untreated. Book a consult with your GP today

Make an Appointment