At Parkhill Medical Centre we now offer integrative medicinal cannabis consultations with Dr Yousif Shamoun.
Dr Shamoun is a prescriber of medicinal cannabis and is passionate about its potential to treat conditions that have not responded to other medicines, including chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia.
Medicinal cannabis can be used to relieve the symptoms of certain medical conditions, and the side effects of some treatments.
There is some evidence that certain medicinal cannabis products may be useful in treating the following conditions:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatment (such as nausea, pain and loss of appetite)
- Symptom relief in palliative care
Medicinal Cannabis eligibility
To be eligible for medicinal cannabis, you must:
- Have a medical condition for which you have tried conventional medications and treatments, without success;
- Have discussed medicinal cannabis with your current treating practitioners, but they are unable to prescribe it to you, and
- Have read and understood the TGA patient information factsheet.